2009-2010 Winter Wonderland Online Project Announcement

The 2009-2010 Winter Wonderland Project is now open for registration!

The Winter Wonderland Project is an online project for grades K-3 that includes winter-themed technology activities with reading, writing, and math components. Registration will open on Wednesday, November 18th. The Project will begin December 1st and end February 28th. Teachers who participate will share student work on their own personal page(s) on the wiki. Suggested thematic activities and resources for each month will be provided. We will have a Featured Activity each month that we hope all classes will be able to complete. We have chosen our Featured Activity to introduce you to some new tools or websites or new uses for tools you already use. We do realize that there may be times when sites are blocked at schools or schools do not have access to the programs or tools used. If you cannot complete the Featured Activity we would still love your participation in the Winter Wonderland Project.

Please visit the Winter Wonderland Wiki to register, learn about the planned activities, or to get more information about the project.

Thank you,
Winter Wonderland Project Coordinators
Amber Coggin, Nedra Isenberg, & Vicky Sedgwick

Tags: 1stgrade, 2ndgrade, 3rdgrade, kindergarten, winterwonderland

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Although I don't fit your criteria (I work in middle school), I looked at your project page. I like the first slide show idea!

I grew up in South Texas. On television, in movies, and in song, I kept hearing all about winter wonderlands and snow. That was not my winter experience. In South Texas, the colors of winter are brown. The trees are brown. The grass is brown. The mud is brown. Call it sepia, tan, golden, whatever, it's all brown!

We'd bundle up in our downiest jackets once temperatures dipped below 70. I was 15 before I experienced an actual freeze. I was 19 before I saw snow (on a trip to Nebraska in college). By the time I was a teenager, I was tired of trying to relate to a white Christmas.

Your slide show demonstrating that winter is not the same everywhere is a great idea. Thank you for not making it another show of snow!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service