All Discussions Tagged 'school' (145)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Skype Poetry Slam

I am interested in hosting a Poetry Slam on Skype.  I teach in an urban school district, and I will be teaching poetry through hip-hop as a…

Started by Michele Lattanzio

7 Mar 7, 2011
Reply by Ashley Culverhouse

Looking for middle schoolers for Skype project

I'm looking for a middle school class that would be willing to Skype with my 5th- and 6th-grade science students regularly (weekly? monthly…

Started by Katy Scott

21 Jan 20, 2011
Reply by Gloria

New ways to teach the skeletal structure to middle school students

I am trying to differentiate my science lesson where in the past students had to create an illustration/drawing of the skeletal system. I n…

Started by Aaron Maurer

0 Nov 30, 2010

Ideas for School-Wide Writing Assessment Practice

Our high school is experimenting with bringing back the idea of having school-wide assessment practice for writing in order to encourage th…

Started by Stacey Wielfaert

5 Nov 11, 2010
Reply by Joel Ballantyne

Looking for Educational Apps

Hi All,   I'm an ITRT in VA and my division currently has iPod Touches and iPads available for student use.  Many teachers are having their…

Started by Alexandra Briggs

1 Nov 9, 2010
Reply by Cathy Stakey

Connect your HS Classroom with Students in Kyrgyzstan: Global Connections and Exchange

Greetings, all, My name is Ryder Cobean and I work at the International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX) in Washington, DC.  We have…

Started by Ryder Cobean

0 Nov 1, 2010

Are there any online quizzes out there that help students identify themselves (or others) as being prejudiced?

I apologize for the long question.  I am about to start teaching my ELLs about the Civil Rights Movement.  Though none of them see themselv…

Started by Denise Stewart

11 Sep 9, 2010
Reply by Jane Krauss

Desire help with Middle School Technology in Social Studies

One of my teachers would like to collaborate with another middle school Social Studies teacher from NC to see how they are using technolgog…

Started by Kimberly Farmer

8 Sep 2, 2010
Reply by Volcano Experience

Taking World of Warcraft to the Classroom

Hi folks! Just wanted to share a project that is currently underway with the group and provide some follow-up resources/links from the inte…

Started by Lucas Gillispie

0 Aug 22, 2010

Google Earth + Explorers

In the past I've had kids draw maps of exploration routes (Magellan, Balboa, etc). I know I can have the kids do this using Google Earth, I…

Started by Dan

4 Jun 30, 2010
Reply by paula webb

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service