All Discussions Tagged 'comprehension' (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Expository Reading Fluencies

Hey Reading Intervention Teachers! Thought I'd share my latest project on Expository Reading Fluencies and ask for your feedback. I'm putti…

Started by Mark Pennington

1 Jan 11, 2017
Reply by Jayashree Iyer

Interactive podcasts to reinforce listening skills?

I have been exploring and playing around with interactive educational video generators such as EdPuzzle, EduCanon, and Versal. Now, I am wo…

Started by Jennifer Koch Lubke

4 Oct 2, 2016
Reply by Leesa johnson

Using Foreign Films to Engage Reluctant Readers

In her book Engaging Reluctant Readers Through Foreign Films, Kerry P. Holmes recounts a Saturday evening, one where she intended to put al…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 May 10, 2013

Strategies for Struggling Readers: Conquering a book you don’t like

We’ve all had to struggle through books we didn’t like—maybe even books we deplored. When it comes to our students, we don’t worry too much…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Apr 22, 2013

Burying the Book Report: 5 More Book Report Alternatives

We’ve all been assigned our fair share of book reports in our day. We may have even assigned one or two of them ourselves. Love ‘em or l…

Started by Karen Cameron

2 Apr 15, 2013
Reply by Karen Cameron

Engaging reluctant readers with a multi-media reading experience

Reviewers have called it gimmicky, but we’re confident that even your most reluctant readers will stand by Patrick Carman’s multi-media Ske…

Started by Karen Cameron

2 Apr 1, 2013
Reply by Karen Cameron

Reading Teachers: Book Wink has heard your students’ cries for help

Yes, yes, you already know that March is National Reading Month, a time when your students “fall in love with reading all over again.” Righ…

Started by Karen Cameron

2 Mar 1, 2013
Reply by Karen Cameron

Fostering student-initiated learning with literacy work stations

Imagine a classroom where the teacher works closely with five students at the guided reading table. Meanwhile, 20 of their peers are on tas…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Feb 5, 2013

Mosaic of Thought/7 Keys to Comprehension Reading Program

Has anyone used these works as a basis for a reading comprehension program? We are working to implement this from kindergarten to Grade 12.…

Started by Jennifer McCormick

11 Aug 30, 2012
Reply by Jennifer McCormick

Spanish Teachers: Do you ever use www.rtve.es?

Do you ever use the www.rtve.es site in your Spanish classes? I tend to follow the I+1 philosophy (but more like I+3 sometimes). I was wond…

Started by Carlos Torres

0 Apr 27, 2010

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service