All Discussions Tagged 'books' (32)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Need Another Exceptional Book!

I just finished reading Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games to the 6th graders in my gifted ed class. Hunger Games is an outstanding YA book, int…

Started by Nancy Bosch

8 Nov 15, 2009
Reply by Shuchi Grover

Trading in Textbooks for e-books: How will the digital movement affect students and teachers?

As an avid reader I enjoy having physical copies of books and magazines, which made me take a step back when I read that Google is in the p…

Started by Kiwi Commons

0 Oct 27, 2009

Video + ebook hybrids in the classroom

Hi all. My name is Lauren, I work in Academic Marketing at HarperCollins Publishers. There has been a lot of talk in the publishing indus…

Started by Lauren Branchini

0 Oct 13, 2009

Edublog advice -- Planning for the long haul.

I'm about to set up blogs for my 6th grade students to use for writing about literature. I'm comfortable with my goals, objectives, feedbac…

Started by Brien Dick

0 Oct 6, 2009

Looking for Online Book Club Participants

Trying to start an "online book club" for 4th-6th grade classes. This would be centered around books read aloud to the entire class 2-3 tim…

Started by Ben Curran

1 Oct 2, 2009
Reply by Abaca Sim

Hello from your friendly Talking Books Librarian!

Hi everyone, I am new to the site and am glad to be here! I invite you all to check out my blog at http://talkingbookslibrarian.blogspot.c

Started by Talking Books Librarian

1 Aug 12, 2009
Reply by Cary Snyder

Book Recommendations for Gifted Readers 4-6

I noticed the book recommendation discussion posted by Carolyn Foote so I thought I'd throw out another challenge---I need novels for gifte…

Started by Nancy Bosch

39 Aug 2, 2009
Reply by Barbara Hampton

Best Children's books ever....?

Nicolas Kristof, a journalist I read and respect, just came out with his "Best Children's Books Ever". I was surprised and surprisingly dis…

Started by ddeubel

9 Jul 25, 2009
Reply by ddeubel

Have you published a book?

Have you published a book? List it here! I'd like to start a nice list of Classroom 2.0 member books and add it to the Books4Teachers book…

Started by ddeubel

5 Jun 12, 2009
Reply by ddeubel

Why children Need to Eat Fruits & Veggies?

Eating fruits and vegetables is part of a healthy diet for both children and adults. Finding creative ways to encourage fruits and vegetabl…

Started by John Khan

0 Apr 6, 2009

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service