As the name implies, graphic organizers are visual learning tools which facilitate the students’ ability to learn and understand better. However, the effectiveness of these graphic organizers depend on the involvement of the teachers and their responsibilities in explaining to students how to use such tools. Graphic organizers are suitable for students in all age groups; it helps them organize complex information into concise visual maps. Is that all? No, they have a great potential for fostering learning in a variety of different areas in education, particularly comprehension, reading and vocabulary skills.
We, at Creately studied the importance of these graphic organizers, and designed a number of easy to use graphic organizer templates. After doing extensive research on the popularity of specific graphic organizers, we designed templates for Storyboards, Fishbone Diagrams, T Charts, Y Charts, Cycle Diagrams, Venn Diagrams, ISP (Information, Source, Page) Charts, Persuasion Maps, KWL (Know- Wonder- Learn) Charts, and much more.
You can see a few of our worked examples and template samples below -
- StoryBoards - Storyboarding is a great technique for discussing books and literature. With Creately’s StoryBoard Graphic Organizer Templates, you get a web-based visual organizer which helps students work togetheron writing to better understand the story. It’s great for discussing story structures and exploring the varied ways in which the author works with time.
- KWL Chart - A KWL Chart or ‘Know-Wonder-Learn’ chartis an excellent visual graphic organize. Creately is loaded with great KWL chart templates that you can put to use immediately in your classroom. With Creately, your students can work in groups on a KWL chart online then share with you to submit their work as an assignment.
- SWOT Analysis - SWOT Analysis is a tool for auditing an organization and its environment.
You can now brainstorm on SWOT analysis with your students using our online SWOT Analysis templates and organizers. From the classroom to the boardroom, a SWOT graphic organizer is a useful tool and can be lots of fun with Creately.
- Persuasion Map - This is a very effective tool which helps students map out their arguments for a persuasive debate or essay. In Creately the Persuasion Map templates are completely customizable and accessible online anytime.
- Cluster/ World Web -In Cluster/ World Web templates, the students are expected to write the
topic in discussion in the centre circle and the details in the smaller circles. Now you can work on the fine Cluster/ World Web templates in Creately.
- ISP Chart - ISP Chart is also known as the ‘Information- Sources- Page’ Chart. These chart templates in Creately would come in handy for students who are trying to compile the list of references for any project/ assignment/ thesis they are working on.
Having seen the neat examples, I believe you are convinced with Creately’s Graphic Organizers. Now all you have to do is, sign up for free and experience the customizable templates online.