Just posted my 2012 nominations for the Edublogs Awards:
- Best group blog: Nerdy Book Club. They do important work. I contributed once. I have submitted several others, but have not heard back. Maybe this nomintion will make them view my submissions more favorably. read at: http://nerdybookclub.wordpress.com/
- Best ed tech / resource sharing blog: FreeTech4Teachers-Richard Byrne’s blog. When does he sleep? read at: http://www.freetech4teachers.com/
- Most influential blog post: Diane Ravitch's cooperative campaign with Anthony Cody's to have teachers write to Obama about education reform. I did. I read other letters. I hope he listens; there were years of accumulated wisdom in those letters: http://dianeravitch.net/2012/10/06/spread-the-word-about-october-17...
- Best individual tweeter : New Tweeter Scott Parkinson, my faculty member & biology teacher. Funny. @Mr_Parkinson
- Best twitter hashtag: #engchat. We have GREAT discussions
- Best free web tool: Edmodo. I drive it like a VW bug; it really is a Porsche.
- Best educational wiki: Cool Tools for Schools-My other go to resource for open source software to use in the classroom. read at: Cool Tools for Schools: http://cooltoolsforschools.wikispaces.com/
- Best educational use of a social network: English Companion Ning. 36,929 English teachers working to help each other, and not driving each other nuts. Enough said. read at: http://englishcompanion.ning.com/
- Lifetime achievement: split vote for two teachers who are outrageously prolific. Again, do these guys sleep?: Jerry Blumengarten @cybraryman1 and Larry Ferlazzo. @Larryferlazzo
Thank you Edublogs!
Posted at: http://wp.me/P1FPEO-13j