During our eMints class on 2/3/09, we spent a our time reviewing Blooms's Taxonomy. We reviewed printed versions of Blooms's Taxonomy and I shared the Learning in Action version. After discussing Blooms Taxonomy and the associated verbs, we were asked to create our own "rubric" using appropriate verbs from those associated with Blooms Taxonomy.

I relied on my Twitter friends to help me throughout the activity. I was reminded the Bloom's Rubrics wiki by @paulawhite, a revision of Bloom's Taxonomy by both @paulawhite and @barbaram. @Mbjorgensen reminded me that Utah teachers have two multimedia rubrics One and Two available through UEN.

Our next task was to determine how much each section of the rubric should be worth (e.g. Content / Visual / Presentation). Our groups had a lively discussion regarding how and why each group assigned differing values to the sections. In the end, we determined that each group needed to use a rubric that worked for their subject and class setting. We then began working individually on a rubric or checklist we can use with our class.

This morning 3/4/09, @paulawhite made a wonderful post regarding Bloom's Taxonomy that I highly recommend.

Views: 627

Comment

You need to be a member of Classroom 2.0 to add comments!

Join Classroom 2.0

Report

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2019   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service