As a Moodle user, I am really impressed by its powerful features. I can even upload a PowerPoint presentation as one lesson for learning and teaching. Actually, we have at least two options to import a PowerPoint to Moodle.
Option1. Import a PowerPoint as webpage (Without animations, transitions and media files)
Moodle has native feature to capture text and graphics from a series of PowerPoint presentation slides and insert them into the content area of a series of branch tables, as text and images.
You can follow these steps to import now.
1. Save a PowerPoint as html webpage
Open a PowerPoint Presentation
Go to File-> Save As
Select Web Page from the drop-down of Save As Type
2. Zip the folder
Browse to the folder created by Saving As Web Page
only the folder but not the html file with a zipping program
3. Import to Moodle
Run a Moodle course in Edit
Add an Activity-> Add a Lesson
, name a lesson and set settings
Select Import PowerPoint in the drop-down list
Browse to the Zip
file on the local disk and click to upload
1. Complicated presentations with animations, transitions and graphic effects can not be imported correctly. Text presentations with simple graphic images works best.
2. This feature does not work with PowerPoint 2003 and onward.
If you want to import only presentations created by PowerPoint 2003, you need to modify the settings of Moodle.
Go to Moodle\mod\lesson\importppt.php
In line 135
Replace: unzip_file($base.$zipfile, $base, false)
with: unzip_file($base.$zipfile, $base.$dirname, false);
With these modifications, you can not upload presentations created by other versions of PowerPoint.
Option 2. Import a PowerPoint as a SCORM Course (With Animations, transitions and media files)
The SCORM module in Moodle enables users to import an external course with SCORM course. You can use a conversion tool to turn a PowerPoint to a SCORM course and then upload it to Moodle.
Use a conversion tool to convert a PowerPoint to SCORM course, such as PPT2Flash Professional
to convert PowerPoint to SCORM course. The following is the step-by-step tutorial of how to convert the PowerPoint presentation to Flash course with animations, transitions, Flash animations, videos and sounds, and then upload to Moodle.
1. Download PPT2Flash Professional and install it with all default settings.
2. Run "PPT2Flash Professional", select "Launch PowerPoint" on the start menu, go to the Plug-in menu of "PPT2Flash Professional" in PowerPoint, there is a embed menu of PPT2Flash Professional in PowerPoint.
3. Open your course in PowerPoint and click "Publish" button to publish the course with SCORM/AICC compliance.
4. When conversion is completed, select "Open output folder" and go to the published folder, there is a .zip file in there. Upload this .zip file to your Moodle.
Upload the course to Moodle
1. Login your moodle, run a Moodle course in Edit mode.
2. Select "Add an Activity", and select "SCORM/AICC" from the drop-down list.
3. Browse to the SCORM Zip file created by PPT2Flash Professional.
4. Upload the zip file to Moodle.
1. Presentations with animations, transitions, background music, narration, attachments can be converted to SCORM course correctly.
2. PPT2Flash Professional works with PowerPoint2000/2003/XP/2007.
Click to download PPT2Flash Pro and create the eLearning courses no...