I keep having these nitpicky questions about using haiku.. so I thought I would start a thread...

my question of the day: does anyone know where I find the way to make student responses in a discussion editable? I am using 3 different LMS's this semester, so maybe I am imagining it... but I really thought I saw a setting somewhere that I could let them go back in and edit their posts. Ideas? Thanks!
Jenna

Views: 34

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Marcos! This is exactly it! I was able to go in and tweak the width so it fits perfectly in my column. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Jenna
Ok... one more. I finished out a class, but would like to send an email to all my students since they are no longer checking into our class and may not see an inbox message. I know I can send invitations to join the class, so I have all their addresses... is there a way to use these addresses to contact them now?

Jenna
hmmmm, an interesting scenario, Jenna. In short there is no easy way of sending a roster-wide email. However, how if you send an Inbox message, most students will receive one of the daily "You Have HAIKU Mail" messages via email informing them that they have a new Inbox message in that class. Of course the students can disable these notifications, so it's not a perfect system.

I'd be interested to hear your feedback. Is the Inbox + a dialy notification by email suitable for your situation or not? If not, what would be a better solution? A way of getting the list of all student (or parent) email addresses? The ability to compose a roster-wide email within haiku? An export of your roster (including the email addresses)?
I would love the flexibility to do all of the above and one more. I would like to be able to send 1) a roster wide email from within haiku, 2) an email to just some haiku students, and 3) use the inbox with notification as is. Since our class is now officially over I suspect those who receive a notification (and recognize what it is) would delete or ignore it thinking it did not have to do with them. If I could send them a message directly I think they would take note better. I do like the export option if that is the only way to do this... but that would be an extra step and one, in this case, I don't know if I would take. At minimum if there was a way to copy down the column of emails in the roster (instead of now the columns are not separate so you copy across the row and down rather than being able to isolate the column and just get the email addresses) that could work. The ideal, in my opinion would be to have under connect the current inbox/outbox options then add an email option as well.
Jenna

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service