I am new to the Second Life world - saw Kathy's preso at NECC. Any pointers for a new inhabitant?

Views: 31

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tracy!

Definitely get involved with the ISTE group (you can a ^Search^ for them).

Get yourself over to EduIsland II -- there are loads of educators there.

I've got a place on EduIsland II called 'SLolar Central' which I co-founded with Kevin Jarrett. Our mission is to provide K-20 educators with a temporary residence while they feel their way around SL. You can find out more at www.groups.google.com/group/slolar-central

I'm also a STAR DE member -- Discovery Educator Network. I'm a member of their Leadership Council (actually, their official Blogger for the DEN in SL). We're hosting our Premiere Gala Event at the DEN in SL Headquarters on EduIsland II on August 15th from 5:30 - 8:00 p.m. SLT. Join us, it'll be a blast!

Nancy
Hi, Tracy.

I'm excited about the prospects for education in SL. Even more, I'm really excited about the prospects for global/international interaction that are possible in SL.

As a "newbie," let me suggest that finding communities built around your interests (even those outside education!) is the best place. There are a number of friendly communities and clubs where you can meet folks. Ask questions! Most people are friendly and willing to help someone who's needing some assistance or a general pointer. Finally, think out of the box! Because its a virtual world, we can do things there that aren't possible in real life. If you can dream it, you (or someone you know) can build it. Let there be no boundaries....

I'm Jamey Sismondi in SL. Look me up!

Jamey Osborne
La Porte TX

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service