I am looking for ideas that are more that a lecture in a virtual classroom. Is it more than this?

Views: 39

Replies to This Discussion

We are putting together an island for Chinese language learning. It will be self-organizing and not tied to any curriculum or class. If you have any Chinese learners in your school (either classroom learners or heritage speakers) we will be hosting a number of events this year. Have them send a message to me if they are interested.
Hi Carl, I would love to explore this further with you as I am very interested in investigating possible collaborations between the students I host on Ramapo Islands and Chinese speaking students. Please email me directly psheehy@ramapocentral.org if you are interested, or if I can be of any assistance to you in establishing your school's presence on Teen SL.
Best,
Peggy Sheehy
Maggie Marat in SL
Ramapo Islands.edublogs.org
Hi Paul- Please visit my blog: http://ramapoislands.edublogs.org to see how Ramapo has been facilitating standard based learning in the virtual world. Believe me- there is no lecturing going on! Other sites you may want to investigate are Skoolaborate, Global Kids, and Eye4You Alliance. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the rich educational landscapes!

Best,
Peggy Sheehy
Guardian: Ramapo Islands
Regina Public Schools has started using TSL with a few classes. One project has just completed and the outcomes presented at a provincial conference. Two grade 8 teachers used TSL in their Social Studies classes. It was a very successful project. More information can be found at their presentation's supporting website: http://tinyurl.com/slculture. Contacts are listed on the site. Feel free to email any of us involved if you have questions.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service