Hi, I am just wondering what other districts use to "reward" teachers for technology staff development attendance. Financial rewards are not an option at my school. Thanks

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

I am always looking for a new ways of motivating staff development within organisations. I have come across some nice models and ideas from the various organisaitons I visit.

1. - Provide a list of 'good e-learning kit, for example, long range Wireless mice & keyboards, document camera, digital camera, action cameras, digital pads, ( all of these are comparatively cheap).. and offer this shopping list of items for whole departments which provide evidence of moving forward in terms of the staff development you are trying to push.
So.. for a department which has evidence of several tutors placing engaging materials on the learning platform.. they receive more points than a department which only has one tutor doing such activity. A department which gains the set number of points.. gains a new item for use with its students.

This type of model means that there will be some peer pressure within departments for staff to pull together, share ideas and help each other achieve .. to develop their understanding etc.. so that they can obtain the number of points needed to get the new piece of equipment for their department.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service