This morning at our faculty meeting my high school's IT/calculus teacher told our faculty about a folder he was putting on our school's server for students to put their assignments into. The problem that he described was that both teachers and students needed access to it, so he had to allow read and write permission for both groups. When I heard this, it reminded me of how I have my Music Technology class hand in their files and projects–they log into my laptop as a Guest and drop their assignments into my Drop Box. But what he described sent up security red flags in my mind–if students have read and write access into his Windows assignment folder, they can see each other's work! In my Mac OS X scenario, students cannot even see into my Drop Box, they can only drop in their assignments.

Does anyone know a viable solution for the Windows world which is similar to the Drop Box implementation on Mac OS X? (I can't believe I'm asking for Windows help on a Mac forum--I've been a Mac person since OS 7!).

Tags: box, drop, macintosh

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a link to a site called practically networking it show step by step how to share on a widows. Next time tell them to buy a mac and they won't have this problems. ha ha ha

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service