I would love to find some children's authors/illustrators willing to Skype with our students. Have any of you worked with anyone in that capacity? How did you set up your visit, and what was the response from your students? Did you did it whole group?

Tags: Author, Authors, Centers, Children's, Libraries, Media, Skype, Skyping, visits

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

Have you had responses to this older question? I too am interested in doing this. Have you done this, yet? What are the details in setting up this experience?
Hey Sarah -
Sorry it has taken so long to respond. No, I have gotten no other responses other than you! And yes, we found someone and gave it a try (actually we had 3 Skype sessions with him) during the months of March and April. He is an alphabet book author - Michael Shoulders - absolutely fabulous with kids - genuinely interested in them. He acted as a consulting expert as I collaborated with kindergarten students to write and take digital pictures for their own alphabet books. I had them bound by Shutterfly and placed in the library collection so that they could circulate. Great experience - we plan to do it again this year. We are looking for more - I have heard that Charles Ghinga will also Skype - they charge between $100 and $500 per session. Please let me know if you hear of anyone else - its becoming just too expensive to have them come to schools in person - especially this year!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service