Is there anyone else who deals with a strict administration? I teach tech to grades 1-6. Many ideas I have are not well received by my coordinator. For example, I'd like to use Apple Remote Desktop to manage the lab. No. I want to download Tux Paint. No. I want to download Google Earth. No. Can we use iChat? No. I'd like to be able to back up my arguments with others who use these resources!

Views: 19

Replies to This Discussion

It's hard for me to believe your story. I use tux paint almost every day. It's free and the kids love it. I also downloaded Google Earth to every computer in the lab. Again, it's a big hit and it's free. I have had problems with chatting before though. Please let me know how things work out.
Well, I did win the battle with ARD which makes me very happy. I have KidPix for grades 1-3 but I thought Tux Paint would be a great solution for 4-6. I was simply told we are not doing any Open Source. I don't know much about it so I didn't put up a fight...
Who has been turning down your requests? Is it the administrator of your school or is it the Tech coordinators for your school/district. I understand that every district has it policies but some of these tools can actually help to achieve learning goals. Google Earth, for example, is an excellent tool that can be integrated into the academic subject areas to create meaningful authentic learning experiences. Maybe if you presented the academic outcomes for each tool you would like to have, they would change their minds.
It is my technology coordinator. She has never taught and I think does not understand my needs. On the other hand, I have never been a tech coordinator, I guess!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service