I am a huge fan of open source software and am constantly downloading and evaluating software in relation to education. I have a wiki where I put up information about the tools I find. The address is:
http://educationalsoftware.wikispaces.com

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this wiki as well as any other software tips people have.

Thanks
Suzie

Tags: educationalsoftware, open, source, suzie, vesper, wiki

Views: 22

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Skip,

Thanks for that - I have spent a far amount of time on the wiki so it would be great to see many people using it :-) I am a huge fan of open source software. Here is a quick list of my favourites that I use on a regular basis (I have a mac but work in PC schools so have a mix):
GIMP (have tutorials on my wiki)
Seashore (mac)
Paint.net (pc)
Cmap
Imagewell (mac)
Art Rage 2
Cyberduck (mac)

I'm sure there's more that I can't think of right now - I'll add to the list later
Suzie
In that case Suziea, I have a challenge. I am trying to find an online / FREE leaderboard program for the students to post their scores on a course wiki. For example, they take a test or play a mini quiz and then submit their scores which automatically reports a leaderboard. Any thoughts, feel free to take up the challange Skip.
Kristian,

Perhaps the flakes available in pageflakes.com could be of use. Most of them allow export of a script so you can paste the code anywhere that will accept it and get the same functionality as what you get in pageflakes itself. I have used the ToDo list and it works well and the grades flake is nice alos - might be what you are after. You would have to publish the page so that anyone can edit it to ensure students can add their own result though. Just a thought.

Perhaps netvibes has similar solutions as well.

Cheers,
Jason

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service