Okay, the business of the school year and sotball/baseball season is now behind me and I have a few weeks during which I feel like I can take time to BREATHE!

Anyway, I've ordered the book, "The Book Whisperer" from Amazon and I'm finishing up "Why Students Don't Like School" right now. I'm wondering what everyone else is reading this summer in terms of professional reading? Please share!

Tags: professional, reading, summer

Views: 56

Replies to This Discussion

I have finished reading The Daily Five and The Cafe as our district is offering a class this week on using and implementing "The Daily Five". I also read Angela Maiers book on Habitudes a few weeks ago. My next quick professional read will be Morning Meetings as I visited a school in Wisconsin that implements great "morning meetings" and I am looking to tweek mine some.
Not sure why my book titles didn't underline. I had them set to . Oh well. :)
Teaching Children to Care by Ruth Sidney Charney
Growing Readers by Kathy Collins
The Book Whisper sounds interesting and I may look into it. Thanks.
I JUST got my copy of The Book Whisperer yesterday and I am WAY excited about it!

First few lines: "I am not a reading researcher. I am not a reading policy expert. I do not have a PhD. What I am is a reading teacher..."

I think this is going to be one of my faves along with Mosaic of Thought, Guiding Readers & Writers, and Teaching with Intention.

Don't you just LOVE it when you find such a treasure?! :-)
Just ordered my copy of this! Can't wait to read it!
I am going to be starting Debbie Miller's Teaching With Intention once I finish up Boys Adrift by Dr. Leonard Sax. I think Boys Adrift would make an interesting book club/discussion book for educators, parents, and administration.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service