This new two week course from 21st Century Information Fluency helps you investigate suspect websites. New online games help you practice the process of data triangulation, finding external evidence, author investigation, and determining the accuracy of Internet information.

As a bonus: the investigations are fun!

Next session starts Aug 11 (2 Weeks $68) View as Guest | Enroll | Course Description

Feel free to post questions! ~ Dennis & Carl

Tags: evaluation, information fluency, wsi

Views: 34

Replies to This Discussion

Dennis - I love these lessons. Unfortunately, when my students try to get to them, they can't. they'll see the graphics, but not the text. But I can see them fine on my teacher computer. We use comsifter to block out inappropriate websites, but yours is hardly inappropriate, and we're not getting a comsifter message.

I've asked my tech guy to look into this, but he doesn't know what's causing it. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Fran
Fran,

We've found that this kind of problem is almost always solved by updating the flashplayer to the most recent version. (The keyword: flashplayer will get you to the right place on the Adobe site.

Of course in a school setting that may be easier said than done.

There may be some interaction going on involving your computer type (operating system) and browser. We recommend using the latest editions of your browser of choice..

Also you may want to disable the pop-up blocker in your browser for our site.

Updating is something your tech guy should be able to do!

Let us know how it goes?

Dennis

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service