I am looking to do a "low key" collaboration project with another US History class next year( I would be open to any subject and grade). Something that would require very little effort on the part of the teachers : ) I already have a bunch of big stuff for next year and so low key is the right key for me.
Something like this....
1 Kids in both schools pick a theme....example "perseverance" or "tragedy or triumph" -- again, open to non-US History topics
2 Kids in each school pick possible topics and post on a wiki
3 When a kid sees a topic they are interested in from the other school they contact the student and then collaborate on creating a page together
4 It would not be a "unit" It could be an on going assignment that they have two months to complete. Collaborating teacher could decide whether to work on it one Friday a week, only for homework, etc
5 Some kind of video conference at the end to celebrate

I have 100 kids and could do one class or all -- I also have a very, very, wide range of abilities.
Anyone?
Peace,
Paul

Tags: 8th, collaborate, grade

Views: 33

Replies to This Discussion

Paul, I would like to do a low key collaboration with you and your students. I co-teach with an 8th grade history teacher and we would love to do a global project. Let's work something out this summer so we can hit the ground running when school starts for us in August.
I will be glad to speak with my 8th grade History teacher and the 8th grade English teacher. I will contact you later in the summer as teachers return for the upcoming school year.
I really like this idea as well! I like how the topics are chosen and then matched by the students themselves! It kind of puts a "how to advertise" spin on the project as well! This is TERRIFIC for an independent project on my end for those who may need a little scaffolding in picking/planning/preparing a project (no I'm not a Lang Arts teacher, despite that horrible alliteration).

I have about 10 students who have the potential for participating. (I just can't stop with the "p" alliterations!)

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service