I will be writing a class for teachers this August using Moodle. The class will introduce teachers to Web2.0 tools and help them structure a future collaborative project to do in their classrooms. I'm offering it to K-12 teachers, but am specifically looking for primary and elementary teachers who would be interested in blogging with another classroom - hopefully an international connection. The class will be offered online in January 2008. Is there someone out there who would be interested next winter in starting a project with a newbie to Web 2.0 who would be taking this class? Maybe a Kindergarten or first grade teacher? I envison sharing aspects of each others' cultures, classrooms, communities, etc, with photos and entries into a blog. Maybe even short video clips, or Podcasts.

Views: 21

Replies to This Discussion

If you're looking for international collaboration, where are you located? Where would you like to collaborate with, if you could?
I live in Lexington, Massachusetts. The teachers I'm thinking about helping collaborate work in Bedford, a near by town. An English speaking Canadian partner would be fine. I am trying to get the teachers interested in using a blog to share news from their classrooms, and compare their community with another. Would you be interested?
If age differences in students would be acceptable to the teacher, I think that'd be great! I work directly with students grades 5-8, but have access possibly to students K-8. We're in the great plains area of the US.
One of the teachers I'll be working with is a Multi-Age first/second grade teacher. She has developed her own web page and is eager to learn new ways to involve her students with technology. I'd like to have her consider using a blog with her students and collaborate with another classroom(s). I don't see why a multi-age classroom would have a problem working with older children.....? I will talk to her about this. I like using cameras with kids and could see a collaborative group in flickr where kids put Notes on photos to share info they have gathered. Have you used the Notes in flickr? We have a neat little wetland right on our school property, and the kids study the stuff they find there. We watch tadpoles become frogs in the spring and look at animal tracks in the winter (if it snows). We have a blog for that, too - http://cattailcorner.blogspot.com and a web page, too.
What kinds of things are your 5th graders (or others) into that could be shared?
Hey Sue, I have a teacher that loops between 1st and 2nd grade each year. She is a veteran of 20 plus years. What I truly appreciate about her is the willingness to stick her neck out and learn new technology. She is wanting me to find ways for her to integrate technology into her classroom permitting her and the student to collaborate with other students of the same age. Please let me know what you might be interested in teaming with her on.
This sounds absolutely perfect. I will share this conversation with the teacher I have in mind, and perhaps another teacher (K). Have you tried Skype? We tried it a year ago, and it went well, but I would want to work harder at good topics and reasons for the kids to talk to each other....
The teacher I have in mind is also a vet.
I'll get back to you soon.... my son is wanting some supper.
later
The classroom would be from Lyons, Kansas. Basically, the center of Kansas. It would be very interesting to compare our community and local commuities with your communities in Massachusetts.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service