Hi
I'm an ICT teacher in Norwich, UK. I'm interested in ways that my students can share their ideas and work with other students around the world.
Our students recently had to create a leaflet about learning to learn and the right to education. We share opinions on 3 key questions with students in the USA and had a video conference using flashmeeting. To have a look at what we did in more details go to my blog post
Seeya
Alex

Views: 35

Replies to This Discussion

I am interested in a collaborative project on my , www.masterymaze.com. I teach 9th and 11 the grade social studies in the US and have recently launched a learning community site to share educational materials a s well as discussion. I am looking for a worldwide project discussion in my Forum to launch the feature. My students are rural and have little awareness of global issues and cultures. This would be a great way to open the door!

I found your project verey interesting. Let me know if you are interested. My site purpose and philosophy are discussed in the blog and in the MasteryCast podcast episode 1 on the podcast page. Thanks!

Sue Palmer aka The Maze
I have been wanting to do some collaboration as well with another school. I have run into problems finding someone interested in doing a project with us. Are you interested? I teach an 8th US history class in Hickory, North Carolina.
Hi Jason,

so glad to join an history teacher: i also teach history for Grade 8 in France, and i manage an educational social network called school beyond the walls. We have created some weeks ago with Sue and Ginger a franco-american learning group. We have also an history of our towns group with colleagues from Italy an Romania. And a new group about History of China. Check out and if you like it.

Vincent
Hi Alex,

I have been looking for a meaningful global project to get my students into. I love the idea of your leaflets. Will you be doing this again in 08-09 school year? If so please contact me. I will be working with grades K to 8. We are getting equipment this year to do skype so we can do some video confernecing too.
Thanks,
Kim
Hi there. I teach seventh grade English (12-13 year olds) and would love for my kids to collaborate globally and share information with another school. I also have an advisory class of just 14 students which might provide more opportunities than trying to find something meaningful centered around the English curriculum, which could prove to be tricky since we would need to coordinate lessons.
Alex,
I am designing a similar project and have been searching for what technology to use. Is the flashmeeting technology openly available for anyone? Thanks,
Jonathan

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service