My kids will be starting a unit on the Oregon Trail March 17. The unit is basically wrapped around the following problem... The year is 1844...Your reputation as a great entrepreneur on the East Coast has reached the offices of one of the greatest Venture Capital Groups in America. They are seeking to invest in a business that will take advantage of the thousands of people going west along the Oregon Trail. After researching the start of the Oregon Trail and its first boom year of 1843, decide on a business to open along the trail. Create a business plan and five minute video sales pitch to the venture capital group to convince them to give you the start-up money for your business. (OK...it's still sketchy)

On a wiki would be the video and business plan.

Here is where other classes can come in:
1-Create the business plans and videos with us -- we all don't need to start or end on the same date
2-Be the venture Capital Group and view our videos and plans and "vote" on the one that should receive the money. You would not need extensive knowledge of the Oregon Trail. The plans would be set up in a way to give background knowledge to the reader. I would assume this could be done in one class period or so.

Let me know...I am currently polishing up the directions and hand-outs.

Paul
PBogush@wallingford.k12.ct.us

Tags: oregon, trail

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

More details can be found here:
http://collaborationnation.wikispaces.com/Ruby

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service