This book by Dan Tapscott and Anthony Williams was well worth the read. Although geared towards business, it is a very useful book when it comes to the big shifts that are moving education as well.

http://wikinomics.com/book/

Tags: wikinomics

Views: 80

Replies to This Discussion

I so agree with you. It also makes a great case for web 2.0 and open source thinking and that seems to be the idea behind Classroom 2.0!
Of related interest: Author Don Tapscott discusses his book "Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything" as part of the Authors@Google series. This event took place February 28, 2007, at Google's headquarters in Mountain View, CA.

Thanks for this recommendation--I've ordered the book. Sounds good!
I vividly remember first hearing about this book when it was discussed on NPR's Talk of the Nation. As part of the radio program, they examined the impacts of the web as a user-generated network and introduced the idea of customers as "prosumers" who co-create value along with the company--blurring the gap between producers and consumers. I immediately connected this to the idea of 21st century literacy and how our students are emerging into a world where, with Web 2.0 tools, they can produce content on the web just as easily as they can consume it, and they can essentially do both at once.

If you are intrigued by Wikinomics, I think you will also enjoy The Wisdom of Crowds and Here Comes Everybody.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service