I would like some ideas people are using to incorporate technology into the curriculum used in the classroom. Please post the types of ways you are using technology. Thanks.

Views: 303

Replies to This Discussion

Using a Wiki in the classroom for group projects is an excellent idea because teachers can monitor how much input each student is having on the project. Usually with group projects there are one or two students who do not contribute as much as they should. As the teacher, you would have to decide if one group has access to another group's page for viewing. You would definitely want to deny access for one group to access another groups for editing purposes! Kids are comfortable with technology and this is a great way for them to learn a new skill. I am currently using a wiki in one of my college courses and the collaboration is much easier on the wiki!
I never thought of it that way. It does make colldarating easier. Im just learning how to make wikis now.
What it you were to put the you tube viedo on a document then try to play it. Such as a wiki.
You can put a you tube video on a document, powerpoint or a wiki - as long as there is internet access just click and it will play. Problems can arise when access is given to students through a wiki page, they can click on the you tube link, see the video and then proceed to view other inappropriate videos on your tube! This would be a problem for the school and you.
Oh didn't still learning. Thanks.
What if you put together the presentation at home and it works then when you get to school it doesn't or the access is still denyed by the school system.
In antoher group someone just mentioned something aobut digital storytelling.
There is a site called storybird (http://storybird.com) that has a lot of art that can be used to inspire kids to write. There is also a tags section, so if a student has a story idea or topic, they can search for art they may get them started. Has anyone used storybird and for what grades?
I am a college student and currently enrolled in a technology class and learned about Prezi. I just "performed" my first mini-lesson and used Prezi. It's like a power-point, but more interactive and videos and sound can be embedded. Has anyone tried Prezi in their classrooms and how did the students respond?
I have used a Prezi in my lesson and assignments for my master's degree. I think it is a neat format. I have received positive feedback so far! Just as in Power Points though, you should never type everything in the presentation and read it to the class. It was cool to embed pictures, but I haven't tried a video yet. The nice thing is that you can get all of your information on the "canvas" and then decide on the order later on.
I have seen lessons that have been transformative in nature. Lessons that would be considered New thing in New ways. There are some examples out there and more being created on a daily basis. The post was not to show examples, but more to give administrators some guiding questions of how technology can and is being used in a classroom. Hopefully someone finds it useful…if not it was a great reflection for my own learning.
I'm another beginner and just getting my feet wet.  One thing I have been looking at is globster.  This is like creating a poster, just uses pictures, videos, etc. instead of paper and markers.  I think my second graders will get some exposure to new technology tools and end up with a nice presentation.  Is anyone familiar with this?  

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service