Hello! My name is Mark Mitchell, and I am very new to blogging and using the Web 2.0 in my classroom. I just finished a PBS course, Communication and Collaboration Online, and have learned a lot in the past 6 weeks. For my Final Project in the class, I created a blog that I will use with my Photography 2 class next year. The blog is called The Alphabet Picture Project, and can be found at http://artmitchell.edublogs.org/. The blog centers on the project, which has students working in pairs, taking images of ordinary objects, composed in such a way that they look like a letter in the alphabet. The images are posted to the blog to be viewed and commented on by the classes involved. The images are to be shared by the students, so they can create a Final document that spells out their first name. A few of my PBS classmates served as my “students” for the project, and overall, I think I’m off to a good start. If anyone has a chance, could you take a look at my blog? Any comments or questions would be greatly appreciated. I have been having some issues with loading images, so no all the letters are up just yet. Thanks so much for your help!

Views: 67

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sue!
Thanks so much for the edublogs link to create a photo gallery. I will try this out soon.
Hi Patty!
Thanks for the great ideas! I really like the idea of photographers or parents commenting. I like the "reflection" idea as well. The students should reflect in their blog posts, but creating a short "team reflection" paragraph or two would also help, and may facilitate keener inst in the blog post.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service