I am a 1st year Tech Coordinator. I taught elementary school for the past 10 years. I need to get teachers to use technology daily in their classrooms to enhance their instruction and the curriculum. I have done staff development and provided resources. I need more! What are some successful strategies to get teachers using technology? Thanks!

Views: 2968

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The most effective way from my experience, being a technology coordinator for about 6 years now, is to have 1:1 sessions with teacher who is not integrating technology and try to suggest some easy technology that they may use in their class.  I have also done  professional development session on ISTE standards for both TEACHERS and STUDENTS.  The problem is that some teachers are really scared of using the technology if they don't know it.  As a technology coordinator I always try to explain to teachers that they are not required to know the technology in and out.  They just need to know what that tools can do and then let their students to use it.  I also like to share students work and that usually lead to positive reaction and most of the time teachers will stop by asking about how they can do something similar!!  

I think motivation comes first and then gradually by not feeling them overburdened because working with technology requires a lot of research to pick the best suited technology

Wasiqa

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2019   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service