Great news for me today as I was informed that I have $800.00 to spend on professional development.  I teach technology to students in grades 2-8 and do workshops for staff too.  I really want to put the money to good use. 

So, I am looking for suggestions on how to spend it.  I teach in Western North Carolina so local workshops/conferences would be a real plus, but I am also open to online courses.  Anyone have anything that has struck them as a real must have PD workshop regarding any and everything tech?  How would you spend it?  Should I splurge and go to a big workshop or sprinkle it around a bit?  I've always been eager to go to the big ISTE conference, but I'd like to do something earlier in the year.  

What do you think?

As always, thanks for any ideas or suggestions!

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kevin, I hate to be a shameless self-promoter since I work for PBS, but you might want to check out the instructional technology courses at PBS TeacherLine. They are all online, and $199 for a 2-credit (30-hour) course, $249 for a 3-credit (45-hour) course. We have lots of options for grad credit if you need that above and beyond NC CEU credits. If you want more information, I suggest checking out the SCETV website since they service NC, SC, and GA. http://www.teacherlinesoutheast.org

And the ISTE conference is an amazing experience, and since it is in Philly this year, there are bound to be a ton of east coasters in attendance. Good luck!
Hi Kevin,
There is a wonderful conference in April called the Mobile Learning Experience. If you are at all curious and are thinking of adding mobile devices to your school you need to check this out. It is April 6, 7, and 8 in Phoenix and at least three folks from your state are featured presenters- Brian Setser, Susan Wells, Lynne Goodhand. Additional speakers are Tony Vincent, Graham Brown-Martin and Scott Meech. Google any of these folks and you will see that you will be in magical company. go to http://mobile2011.org/ for more details.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service