I just have two things to say about the Edublog nomination of Classroom 2.0.

1. Congratulations -- a great job by all who've contributed. I'm sure Steve echoes my own philosophy when I say that a social network is not "owned" but participated in. In contributing, you are Classroom 2.0.

2. Get out and vote! Yeah, might be superficial but it is good exposure and one more small thing about getting teachers more involved in using the amazing technological tools to transform learning, education and mindsets.

My own Ning is nominated, EFL Classroom 2.0. Although honored (and wondering who nominated us??? Thank you!) I really have to defer to Classroom 2.0. It was here I got my own feet wet and here that I got the idea and stimulus for EFL Classroom 2.0 . I'll be posting to my own members to vote for Classroom 2.0 though they are free to do as they wish.

A question to end. What do you think other than the forums specifically, is the best feature here, on this site?

David
http://eflclassroom.ning.com

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I voted! Let's keep this going...
David:

What a gentleman. I feel ambivalent about the awards process, but it is interesting to note that all of the social networking finalists are using Ning, and I think CR 2.0 has been pretty groundbreaking there.

I've made a modest proposal about subdomains here: http://www.classroom20.com/xn/detail/649749:Comment:81669. Let me know what you think.

Cheers.
Yes Connie, let's keep the voting going....

Skip, Please consider EFL Classroom 2.0 family also. A sibling or atleast a cousin :)

It is really an experience; starting, managing, promoting my ning. I've learned so much and will share more on the Ning in education shortly during my nice long winter vacation (while no vacation, just more graduate courses for me :)).

One thing I'm consumed by lately is the "open source" idea of resources in education. This is the future and I'm on the front line. I take a lot of heat etc but really believe that the old models of "ownership" for purposes of social education are outdated and exploitive.

Larry Lessig from Stanford gives a brillant TED lecture on this. It ranks up there with the one or two videos on education this year that is a MUST. So tight and well given, his arguement. Especially his metaphor about the once seemingly so logical "sky ownership" issue. Take a look when you have a moment. I also have a cool TED video player on EFL Classroom 2.0 . you just scroll the player and click to play any TED talk you want!

Steve, I'll reply on the other thread.....

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service