Hi! My grade 6 students are producing podcasts for our local volcanic area. They are to be showcased (the podcasts that is) but I am really uncertain how and where to host them. As students are talking they are adding images appropriate to the topics they are talking about. so we need to be able to see what they are discussing when I upload them. We have used either Audacity or Acid for the audio files and Movie Maker or Vegas Moviestudio for the addition of images and text. At this stage I will probably add them to our blog page.
Any suggestions on hosting and processes to be followed to get to the final upload would be much appreciated.
If I use podomatic I also need to know which type of registration I need to become a member to and how much the cost is for hosting.

Tags: enhanced_podcasts, podcasts

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you considered VoiceThread.com?
Could you import the audio into Movie Maker and them upload the whole file to Google Video? The videos could them be embedded in your blog or whatever.
I did not know about voicethread when I first started the project, but it would have been an easier option. The google video option will pursue.
We used audacity so that we could get a really professional finish, with music loops, sound effects, interviews and background music.
Thanks for your comments
I've only started making my own podcasts for the sixth grade math classes I teach. My eighth grade computer class is in the process of recording audio Public Service Announcements about plagiarism. We are using GarageBand and iTunes on Macs.

I did register for a podomatic account. It is free and I got 500MB of storage. I blogged a little about what I did if you'd like to follow the link. I was able to follow a help link on the podomatic web site and was able to upload my RSS feed to iTunes for free too. I'll help you as much as I can. I don't think I'm really doing a very streamlined job of it yet, but it is working!

Ann

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service