Hello all you intelligent wired educators. I have a huge favor to ask. The State of Michigan is getting ready to role out a new High School Social Studies Curriculum October 5th. (See attachment for draft)

One of the required classes will now be a World History & Geography class. I somehow find myself the chair for our World History & Geography committee and therefore in charge of writing the district curriculum and course description/requirements. While I am glad to be a part of the process and excited about creating this new class, I have never actually taught 'World History'. My previous experience has been more along the lines of a cultural geography class. My district has a 'World History' elective, but it is really more of a Western Civilization class, and has been taught in such a way that we may not be able to use too much from it.

I am looking for help from anybody out their who currently teaches World History (and Geography). Suggestions as to books, lessons, pacing, content, etc. would all be welcome and greatly appreciated.

I have created a group to discuss these things with other Michigan Educators (http://classroom20.ning.com/group/worldhistorystateofmichigan) but all are welcome to contribute.

Thanks in advance. Ed

Views: 30

Attachments:

Reply to This

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service