I have been blogging for about a year but not in a classroom setting(personal blog). All that I know is self taught. My interest is blogging has encourage me to begin reading and thinking about the possibilities in a school setting. I have begun sharing some with teachers on blogging in the class room. They are excited but I'm not sure they have a grasp as to what it means for them and their students. Other than sharing some great examples of class blogs with them, showing sources they could use for setting up their blogs, what use should I share with them? I guess what I am wondering is, is there a resource that leads a teacher through the do's and don't's of blogging?

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am in the process of creating some training materials for my school division. As part of my research for school, I know that there needs to be an adequate mix of modeling (showing how others have used it), direct instruction (mechanics on how to actually use the application) and pedagogy (what will this mean in terms of change for your teaching). I'm struggling to create the right type of balance, given that the teachers that I am dealing with have very varied levels of technology know how...I'm relying a lot on information from conferences and Will Richardson's book. I think Richardson's book along with an online class I stumbled on have been the most helpful.

Ruth Okoye
http://ruthokoye.edublogs.org
Check out the www.SupportBlogging.com website, devoted to educational blogging. There are books and videos and other web resources listed.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service