Feeling the need to use Google's online applications, I found myself setting up my own iGoogle account with gmail, online applications, iGoogle homepage with a large assortment of widgets, and an easy RSS feed. Google accounts and the assortment of potential features are relatively simply to set up and use. Go to http://iGoogle.com and click as if you were going to login and then choose to set up a new account.

Google reader makes it easy to set up and organize your RSS feeds. I transferred my feeds from Bloglines to Google Reader in about a half hour. You also have the chance to view all feeds at one time which I like because you can scan much more in a shorter amount of time. A simple click on the star allows the user to save a feed article so you can go back to it later if that works best for you.

Set up your own RSS feeds. Have your news come to you instead of going out searching the internet to see what is new. RSS only displays the new and saved stuff so you do not have to remember if you read an article earlier. If you wish to share a feed article, all you have to do is copy the URL and paste it into an email, blog, etc.

Views: 51

Reply to This

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service