Please introduce yourself, let us know a little bit about you, and where you are from.

Tags: introduce

Views: 25868

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! My name is Stephanie from Southern California. I have taught 8 years in elementary school and recently did my master's project on technology. My school was severly lacking in technology and the skills that go with it. By the end of my master's project the kids were blogging, doing wikis, and cross checking resources! I see the critical need for urban schools to "catch up" to the technology and information around them.
Woh! We need you here! It would be great if you might share your expertise and hard earnt learning. Create some discussions on what you've found success with.

Welcome to this great community. There are 'sister' communities as well on Ning -e.g. http://eflclassroom.ning.com/, http://passionateteachers.ning.com/,
Dorian Love, ICT Teacher at Roedean South Africa. I use Moodle to organize computer skills classes, and am interested in ways in which ICTs can be used across the curriculum. I am trained as an English and History teacher, so not very technically minded. Currently I am trying to help the music teachers set up blogs for various groups. We are using SharePoint off the school intranet.
Welcome Dorian! You'll find this site full of enthusiastic people with great things to share. Only enthusiastic teachers take the time to share their learning with each other so we are blessed to be part of such a community.

To jump into the discussions I would reccommend clicking on "Follow" at the bottom of various pages to stay in the loop with various discussions. I look forward to your contribution. I don't know SharePoint. Perhaps you might like to share that with our community.
Hello Everyone, Poonam Kurani, Middleschool Technology Teacher, Mumbai India. Web 2.0 and collaborations has not percolated in our classrooms yet. I love this new world of collaboration and its very inspiring reading all the posts here.
Poonam, after reading various posts here you'll have much to offer your school community. We are in a position to improve our practise and influence our schools with our learning. I hope you find volumes of new things to share. Don't forget to click on "Follow" so that you stay in the loop with various conversations.
Hello All. I am Rick Glass. I am in my third year of teaching 4th grade at Harrison Elementary School in Warsaw, IN. I beginning my second year of having a 1:1 classroom. Each of my students has a desktop computer at his/her desk. I have been asking around, but have yet to find another 1:1 elementary class in northern Indiana. If you are in a similar situation, I would love to talk to you. I have a lot of stories to share and a lot to learn.
You are blessed having such equipment. I hope you will share some of the journey on these pages. Welcome to this site. It certainly is a rich place.
Hi everyone.I'm AaronLiu from Shanghai China.I'm very intrested in Open source soft.非常高兴能在这里和大家交流。
Welcome Aaron. You'll find good discussion on Opensource software here as well as many other things. You must be getting excited now that the Olympics are only days away. I hear the air pollution is still rather thick in Beijing.
Hi,
I'm Rebecca Achimugu, from Abuja Nigeria,
A graduate of Biology Education from the university of Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria,
I am currently developing myself on Technological approach to teaching biology.
i will hopefully commence my teaching career in PIAE,Abuja by September!
Thanks for the good work on classroom 2.0
Hey Rebecca, welcome! You have an amazing time ahead of you in the classroom - joys and tears together. Congratulations on searching out this site. There are various other Ning sites as well that will provide professional collaboration and support. Make yourself at home and partake in some conversations. I reckon it's a good idea to click "Follow" on some conversations.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service