The year was 1979. A bright young girl was heading down the wrong path in her sophmore year of high school. An amazing teacher noticed this child's abilitiies and recognized a need to intervene. This teacher asked this student to be her Stage Manager (in addition to the great classes the teacher taught-she also mentored the Drama Club as well as a Theater-goers club) in a play she was directing. Soon this student started caring about coming to school again and started to feel a sense of pride and worth.
When the play was over, this amazing teacher took the student (along with another student who had been the TD for the play) to a wonderful place nmed Rudy's for a great dinner. This student continued to participate in Drama club and graduated High School. She went on to college and majored in Psychology and minored in Theater, now taking roles on stage instead of behind the scenes.
Many years have passed since these events, but the student never forgot the amazing teacher who helped shape her future.
If you havent guessed by now, the student was me...............
the teacher: Bonnie Kaplan!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, Bonnie!! I am glad I found you online. I have wanted to say that to you for a long time!!

Views: 20

Reply to This

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service