"How many hats do you wear" is a phrase used to talk about role-switching. I would suggest that one could get more to soul of the matter through the sole!
Sole of the shoe, that is.
How many kinds of shoes do you have at your ready? What pairs of shoes would you have in your car or suitcase, to be all ready for your life? What shoes do you need to get yourself through a week?

Tags: roles

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, to get through the week I need waterproof hiking boots for the woods, comfortable teaching shoes, running shoes, a tad more sophisticated school-event shoes (still comfortable, of course), boiled-wool slippers, soccer shoes, flip flops for going into the garden, and wellies for being out in the nurturing spring rains.
Oh yeah--paw-protectors for the dog if she has to do her tracking exercises through nettles.
Oh my goodness. I've had kids comment, asking how many shoes I own. My husband and I made a deal a few years ago that when I brought a new pair home, one had to go away. Last year, I let us down and have let the pile go up to about 32 pairs. I actually do wear them all throughout the year. This includes 2 pair of exercise shoes, as well as 3 different types/colors/functions of sandals.

When I went to DC this last March I took no fewer than 6 pairs for 5 days. I'm a big girl and find that changing shoes from day to going out to dinner really refreshes some tired doggies! I also have to have the black/brown, open-toe/closed-toe, heel/no heel, dressy/casual, and exercise/sporty, work/hiking boot/shoe combinations at the ready. Sometimes I feel like stinking Mr. Rogers with the shoe changes, but I'm always running at my best!

What a funny topic to talk about here! It definitely depends on the shoes for the role I'm playing at the moment!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service