Hi

I'm a graduate student at the Harvard School of Ed. A colleague and I have grant money to develop a web site that would provide a shared space for teachers to share science labs and review and/or rate science labs for their fellow teachers. We' ve heard it is challenging to find useful science labs via the web.

Can you tell me --
1. Where do you go to find new science labs?

2. What are your favorite web sites for finding science labs, or do you just Google for them?

3. How would you like to search for science labs in a database -- by grade? by state standard? by topic? other?

5. Lastly, if you used such a site and found it useful, would you be willing to write a short (3 sentence) review of a lab you got from the site? what would encourage you do write a review? (a raffle or prize? recognition in some way of your contribution to the site? other ideas?)

Thanks so much for any advice you can give us on this project!

Leslie Stebbins
Harvard Graduate School of Education

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Leslie, What exactly do you mean by 'labs'? Interactive? Our content partners may be of use for labs.

In the meantime, if you haven't found a great hosted 2.0 platform look at ours. The ManyOne Universal Portal Service (UPS) (publishing, collaborati... was designed to house the EarthPortal*

It (the UPS) is the only large scale fully-hosted Dublin Core standard publishing system for serious editorial/collaborative processes. Its free and easy for academics and kids alike :) We are just beginning to form communities around the EarthPortal pending the migration commencing shortly.

I know it sounds complicated. I'd love to chat if you are interested in learning more.

Cliff

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service