how do i explain a school that has the exact opposite my grades and such ?

for example a school with a algebra class that takes instead of only a semester to complete a whole intire year to complete.

would it make a difference to start my last four months then in the last 4 months of 12th grade if i had that much time left to do, or would it make sense then to just start the year over again?

Tags: school

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Guten Tag, Marcus!
I'm a bit confused on your question. Are you going to a school in the US that has a "traditional" schedule (45 or 50 minute classes) where each subject is taught every day for a year? Are you currently in a school that has a block schedule (90 minute classes) where a full year of algebra is taught in one semester? Will you be in the US as an exchange student?

I teach German in a high school that uses a trimester schedule. Our guidance counselors often have difficulties placing new students into the right classes if they came from a traditional or block schedule. Unfortunately there is no standardized schedule for schools.

If you have the choice of when you start at the school, it is best to start at the beginning of a school year. However, if you don't have the option, start whenever you can. You can always learn even if you are put into a class that is in the middle of the curriculum.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service