This article discusses the importance of balance within the classroom:
View article...

I would love to hear input about web 2.0 for classroom use...

One exciting element of the Promethean mission is that teachers are invited to share lessons and ideas web 2.0 style on Promethean Planet...as a networking site and sharing best practices of enriching curriculum with the use of digital lessons...

What are your thoughts? Web 2.0 for the children? Web 2.0 for the adults to get savvy first so we can help them navigate? If we are online here chances are we are technology savvy...but what about bringing along the fantastic teachers that are not tech savvy yet?

I think it is most important to help the teachers get excited about this potential so we can tap their creativity and tried and true strategies promoting higher level thinking and questioning and etc.

The ActivClassroom seems to provide the bridge into this world in a fun, practical, collaborative model that can balance the old and new...

Comments?

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kathleen,

This is such a great topic and one that always gets me excited. The possibilities are endless. I was the instructional technologist for about 3 years and I have returned to the classroom as a 4th grade teacher. I presented on this very topic at a technology conference last year. The keynote presentation is on my site. You can take a look and get a few ideas (at least I hope).

Class Site - web.mac.com/shavonlouis

http://web.me.com/shavonlouis/oursite/Tech_Corner/Entries/2007/11/2... - School 2.0 presentation

Can't wait to read others thoughts,
Shavon
Hi Kathy,
You ask some thought provoking questions.
I think that sometimes it's not the fact that teachers are not tech savvy, but that they don't have an enthusiasm for learning new things or bringing technology into their classrooms. Buy-in is so important when integrating new technologies into our curriculum.

One of the suggestions that I make when planning initiatives with districts is to start a new program with a leadership team comprised of all tech abilities that share the same philosophy of engaging students and teaching them to be successful community members of the 21st Century. If they share this philosophy they will see the need to use these Web 2.0 technologies and skills in the classroom.

For those that aren't part of that first cohort, I feel that enthusiasm can frequently be contagious. Certainly, it won't be for everyone. But, hey, you can't make everyone happy all the time. And you can't get EVERYONE to like using technology. But you can try.

I hope I've helped you sort things out a bit.
Lisa

http://thumannresources.com

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service