Some years ago, when our school taught European history, I started a speculative history project involving a fictitious nation whose "history" students wrote in the context of studying European history in a broader context. During the study of the Renaissance, for example, students would create historical entries based on what might logically have happened in the fictitious nation during the period. The idea was that, over the years, students would create a comprehensive historical picture as they developed a deep understanding of European history in general.

This spring I realized that the project was really waiting for Wiki technology, and so I have put up a group of pages just waiting for folks with actual classes to come along and add content. The site is http://belmarnia.wikispaces.com/ , and the front page lays out the concept and the ground rules.

So far it's just been sitting there, but if anyone is interested in giving it a look or a try, please do, with my blessing.

Tags: European_history, wiki

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pretty cool idea. Would like to try something like this in my WH class. But don't know enough about wikipedia. Can you give me a start-up site that could get me going?

Thanks-Kirk

Kdthelin@mchsi.com

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service