Ning has made some changes overnight--including the ability to add images or photos to any text box or forum post (this is a great addition for forum postings), and renaming the "chatterwall" to "comments" and adding some functions which are much more natural for conversations.

Most significant, however, is the addition of a "groups" function to the network, allowing you to create (and be an administrator for) a group within Classroom 2.0. The group can be public or be invitation-only.

I can imagine a lot of possibilities, including geographical or school/organization groups, or groups based on specific technologies (say, podcasting, for instance). Each group has a group-specific forum (and RSS feed), and gives the administrator the ability to communicate directly with all group members.

Pretty neat! Give it a shot. Here's a video detailing how to set up a group: http://networkcreators.ning.com/screencasts/ningScreencastTwoQt.php

Tags: groups

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How do we move our discussions into the general forum from a group and vice versa?
Steve,
I always try to continue my NECC participants through online collaboration. Previously, I did this with a wiki page - however, I was thinking that perhaps a NING group here in Classroom 2.0 would be better! Especially since my presentation is on Professional Development 2.0.
I think that's a great idea. A great way to have them both involved in the larger Classroom 2.0 discussion, and also to have your own "room."

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service