One of my teachers asked me if there was an easy way to go back and forth between her PowerPoint slide show and a DVD movie that she will show them snippets of. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Peggy

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What format are u using? If u are using a Mac and running 10.5 u can use Spaces. Put the PP in one Space and designate (say the F1) key, then put the DVD Player in another space and designate (F2) as the key, then u just press the key to switch back and forth.
We are using PC's.
Greetings....There are a couple of ways to utilize clips in PowerPoint....1. Dazzle. You can run your dvd player/vcr/camcorder through the Dazzle and then record the clip you want. It creates a windows movie file. 2. Amerisoft. You can record a dvd (they have different options from Ipod format to Zune) and then modify the film in Windows Movie Maker.

Just a couple of options.

Mark
Hi Peggy,

Can you explain a bit further about what you mean by "go back and forth between"? Does she want to integrate two things into a final project? What about simply using ALT+TAB on the keyboard? i.e.

1. Show some of the PPT presentation
2. ALT+TAB to switch to the DVD
3. Start playing the video (space bar usually works)
4. Pause the video (again, usually the space bar)
5. ALT+TAB to switch back to the PPT presentation
6. Repeat above steps when needed.

If this is not what is needed then you have two other options:

1. Use a screen capture program to capture the powerpoint, and integrate clips of it into the video
2. Capture the video as Mark McDaniel said and integrate clips of it into the powerpoint

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service