The folks at elgg have been making great progress toward the release of Elgg 1.0. They announced a release date of August 18, along with some other exciting developments.

First, they have opened their test site to the public. You can now experience a beta version by visiting their test site, registering, and logging in. They have implemented many key components in the past couple days.

In a surprise move, they have also released the source code to the public via the SVN repository. Further information may be found on their blog. The code is still in development, so it is not yet appropriate for use. They hope that getting the code out to developersaccelerates the pace of bug fixing.

Steve

Tags: elgg, oss, socialnetworking

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've had my Elgg 1.0 test installation going for a couple days now. While there are bugs, it looks great and it is functioning well for the most part.

I have an overview of the administrative interface on my blog now.
Looking good for an Elgg release tomorrow. I have a bleeding edge install on my server and it looks pretty close. If you want to knock around as a user, create an account at my test site.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service