This is a social network for ASSET participants. ASSET participants are invited to post topics for discussion and make comments.

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well it is September and we have had a full month of school now. I have been using the Evolution of Technology materials for about 3 weeks now. I felt it fit very nicely with my first unit in 9th grade science (Foundations of Physics) focusing on Science and Technology.

Students are in the process of finishing their technology timelines and researching the related science concepts. It has taken longer than I anticipated for the students to research and organize the information for the posters - I underestimated the amount of guidence my freshman would need.

Many simply did not understand that they had to gather specific information about what happened and when instead of just gathering general background information about their technology. Many also had difficulty finding information because they don't have good internet search skills. The provided links helped, but some are blocked at our school (how things work for example is considered harmful by our filtering system).

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service