I am interested in finding examples of educators who use Google Earth with primary (k-3) students.

Tags: google_earth

Views: 475

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I learned about the voyage program in 1999 when I went to a technology conference.
I am a computer lab teacher, but taught 2nd grade for 3 years. In the classroom, we used Google Earth in science to view the locations where different dinosaurs were found. We also used it to visit the homes of different animals and learned how their habitats were different. Lastly, we had ePals in various countries. We used Google Earth to "visit" the homelands of our ePal friends.
I am the librarian at my elementary school. I use it to compare the printed atlas and the global placement of countries. It really brings mapping (a SS skill) to life. Our little ones also have had problems confusing a city and a state. GoogleEarth seems to help a couple of them make the distinction that the city is inside the state. My 2nd graders participate in a Christmas/Holiday card exchange through iEARN.org and we use GE to locate the country that sent us the holiday cards. My 5th grade studies WWII and we use it to locate countries and visit cities.
Anyone have links to research on using google earth in elementary classroom?

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service