Our CSE committee asked me to look for an online organizer/portal for a student. I immediately thought of PageFlakes, so I have been searching for an open source equivalent.

I finally found Posh from Portaneo, a French Company. It is still a little rough around the edges: A few items don't work consistently and French Comes up in the English version once in awhile (I'm hacking that to fix such occurrences as I find them) . Nonetheless, it is a nice little AJAX application that has a calendar/scheduler, to-do list, bookmarks and a very slick RSS reader among other cool things.

I think I'll use it with my class next year

I gave it an overview on my blog.

Tags: opensource, portals, rss

Views: 360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow--This just got better! I found out how easy it is to convert Google Gadgets and NetVibes UWA into widgets for Posh.

I thought it had a few decent widgets and a great RSS feed reader. Now I find over 100,000 more options. It appears, that this is an open source receptacle for all these APIs. Whatever you can do with Netvibes, you can do on your own self hosted platform.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service