Anybody know some good plays to read with either 13 characters or 6 characters? I have a small drama class. We just read Chekov's The Seagull and read an absurdist play at the beginning of the term. This is my first time teaching this course and I just need more ideas. It is a combination of reading plays, doing improv, writing and acting.

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try Baker's Plays and Dramatic Publishing Company. I get most of my plays from them. You have a larger group of students than I (we average only around 5 actors at a time). We have a drama club not a formal class, and we only produce one-act plays. However, you can find a full range of materials from these two companies. There are many others, but these were the two off the top of my head. One of our earlier plays was a two-act called "Class Action" from Baker's Plays that consisted of a series of short scenes depicting high school life. Your students may find it fun and interesting and not as heavy a material as Chekov. They were good to help students develop character/character motivation.
hi Ellen
I don't have any resources on hand, but I want to say: I am proud that you are using this forum to gather resources. I hope folks come through for you!
Kevin

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service