The district I work for has academic teams that participate in the Future Problem Solving International (FPSI) program. One category of the competition is Community Service and our 5th-grade team won the Texas Junior Division Grand Champion prize with their project. As part of an effort to increase awareness about healthy lifestyle choices, they have created an exercise video with a segment on nutrition in it. The video will be distributed on DVD to families in our county that have elementary-age students in their household. In order to increase the number of families they can reach, the video has been uploaded in segments to TeacherTube. They will be competing at the FPS International level at the end of May and are trying show that their video has garnered support online, so I am writing to encourage you to support their cause and spread the word about this online resource for health and physical education. The nutrition segment has great information about recommended portion sizes for various food groups. It's a great project and I think being able to post their effort online will really make an impact on the students. I hope the video inspires other projects.

Tags: Future, PE, Problem, Solving, TeacherTube, comminity, education, exercise, physical, service, More…video

Views: 195

Reply to This

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service