One of the features I've really loved about CR 2.0 is the tag "index" we have on the right-hand side of each page, allowing you to look at discussions based on how they have been tagged. I think this does a really good job of keeping historical material readily available.

Ning just upgraded their software, and one of the changes they made was to remove the ability for anyone except the original poster to add or change tags. I'm sure they were having some trouble somewhere else that precipitated this change. Our network is not the only one that will miss the ability to have everyone in the network help to categorize forum posts, so I am hopeful Ning will figure out a way to restore the functionality.

In the meantime, it means that we may have to do a little bit of hand-holding with each other! If you see a forum post that doesn't have a good tag from the list on the right side, would you encourage the original poster to tag or re-tag? I hate the idea that a good discussion falls off the front page and then is hard to find in the future. :)

Thanks!

Steve

Views: 8

Reply to This

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service