I just started podcasting this year and am producing VERY simple podcasts. I have had students do some read alouds (they weren't impressed). Right now I am taping my lectures and podcasting them. The hope is that students who have missed class (we've had a lot of absentees this year) will tune in to catch up and/or that students will listen to study for tests. I hope to produce much more sophisticated podcasts in the months ahead and hope to involve more student work in the future.

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mary!

I am also using podcasting as a tool for helping my students master my high school regents history classes. You can see my work on my site in the history subjects sections. I have created screencasts of my powerpoint notes as a review tool. As you, I have found them to be really valuable for students who miss school as well as those who really need the additional review. Let me know what you think and good luck with the podcasting. You might also consider joining a new ning I have started at www.ipodeducators.ning.com which is focused on podcasting in education.

Thanks for the info.

Sue P

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service