First off, I have to say that the community here is AWESOME! I stress that because i have gotten so much information from the links as well as many of the people here. It was a bit overwhelming at first, but most of you have been a big help asking questions about my research helping me narrow down my focus.

Just to remind everyone, I'm researching about the pros and cons of using blogging in the classroom. Now since I've been here I have learned that there are a lot more tools on the web than just blogging, but I feel that, for my district, it's a good place to start.

Finally I have everything together and my ducks are all in a row. I just finished off revising my lit review, and I narrowing in on what i want to get out of this. Of course with help from this community!

Just reply to me via message here or my e-mail address. mrfox1980[at]hotmail[dot]com

The Survey is for my research on using blogs in the classroom. I'm doing this research to help change the thoughts and policies on using technology in the classroom within my school district. I am also using it for my masters degree, but my focus is just getting the school district to change it's policies.

When you were setting up your blog/wiki, what were some of the hardships in getting it set up for use in class? Did you face any hardship in getting permission to use the blog/wiki?

How do you accommodate for students that do not have access to the internet from home?

Using a blog/wiki to expand the classroom usually leads to a lot of discussions online, both positive and negative. I am curious as to what were some of your successes in those discussions? What were some of the failures in those discussions?

As you look ahead, I would like to hear about some of your next steps with the use of blogs and wikis in your classrooms?

Do you think you students are becoming better writers from using blogs? Can you explain why or why not?

What thoughts do you have for other teachers that are thinking about using a blog in their classroom?

Thank you very much for helping me with this and being apart of this!

Lucas Fox

Views: 27

Reply to This

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service